Each year, the Province of BC declares Stop the Sexual Exploitation of Children and Youth Awareness Week. Held annually in the month of March, the awareness week recognizes the importance of supporting communities to develop prevention, education, enforcement, and intervention strategies to address the sexual exploitation of children and youth.
Why a Fuchsia Daisy?
In the same way you might wear a yellow daffodil pin to raise awareness about cancer, we chose the daisy as our flower pin, as it is a flower that easily connects to childhood innocence. It’s fuchsia because the colour is a combination of red (for red light districts) and purple (B.C.’s Provincial colour for violence prevention). Please make a small donation, and pick up the daisy pin. By wearing the pin you are standing with us in the fight against sexual exploitation and human trafficking.
Fuchsia Daisy pins can be picked up at the following locations during awareness week:
- Canadian Tire Coquitlam (1200 Sequin Drive)
- Canadian Tire Port Coquitlam (2125 Hawkins Street)
- RONA Coquitlam (2798 Barnet Highway)
- Vancity Maillardville (969 Brunette Avenue)
- Vancity Burquitlam (531 North Rd # 105)
- Vancity Port Moody (121 Brew Street)
- Vancity Coquitlam (Pinetree Village, 2991 Lougheed Hwy)
- Vancity Port Coquitlam – Shaughnessy Station (7100 – 2850 Shaughnessy Street)
- Vancity Market Crossing (7384 Market Crossing, Burnaby)
- Vancity South Burnaby (5064 Kingsway)
- Vancity Maple Ridge (22824 Lougheed Hwy)
Unable to visit one of the locations above, but would still like a daisy? With a minimum donation of $5, we can send you one so you can show your support for this issue! Please remember to include your name and address so we can mail you one of our new daisy pins right away.
Wear your daisy pin proudly during the month of March and show others that you stand with us in our fight to prevent the sexual exploitation of kids in communities all around BC!